Careers with Verdesian Life Sciences
Thank you for your interest in employment at Verdesian Life Sciences. We’re always searching for talent to help us remain the leader in plant health and nutrition. To be considered for a position listed below or for a future career opening, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Technical Sales Representative (South Dakota) - Agriculture
Verdesian Life Sciences US LLC is a research and technology-driven company that manufactures approximately 200 patented plant nutrition and fertilizer products for wholesale to the Unites States and international agricultural markets. Verdesian Life Sciences is looking for a Technical Sales Representative who will be responsible for developing a solid base of retail dealers and sales according to the established marketing plan of Verdesian and the service and training of potential clients in the use of VLS products within the assigned territory.
- Establish and incorporate routed sales calls within assigned territory
- Develop clientele base of customers, dealers, and clients
- Anticipate customer needs and contact regularly with appropriate communication
- Increase sales to attain maximum market penetration for appropriate VLS products
- Cooperate with Field Research team in assigned territory
- Facilitate business relationships contributing to public relations
- Forecast and develop budget for sales
- Maintain a clean driving record, and ability to travel long distances.
- Other duties not listed above as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Excellent oral & written communication skills and interpersonal interaction
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Demonstrate strong Leadership and Management skills
- Proficient with technology including ability to operate Microsoft Office Tools including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to work with Chemical Fertilizer Dealerships Staff
- Ability to work in a field setting with Certified Crop Advisors and Independent Crop Consultants to analyze crop deficiencies and recommend alternative resolutions to problems
- Strong understanding of Biological Technologies as related to Agriculture.
- Ability to interface with Academic arenas
- Help manage research trials including prepared budgets, protocols, write ups or publications
- Confidentiality, proprietary trust, and professional judgment
- Collaborative leadership
Education / Experience:
- Minimum work experience of 5 years full time exempt sales experience in Agriculture industry
- Minimum education of associates or bachelors degree in Agriculture related field